Wealthy Affiliate (WA) is an online community with over 100,000 members and a training center. Founded in 2005 by Kyle and Carson, Wealthy Affiliate has become one of the most reputable and highest-rated resources to teach you the ropes of digital marketing and online business.
Whenever I talk to someone about WA – I always start by saying it’s not some money making scheme, easy system to riches or pyramid scam. So what is Wealthy Affiliate? Wealthy Affiliate University is first of all an online business community and a marketing training center. If you think that you will start making money by simply joining WA – I would suggest you walk away, it’s not going to happen. This is probably the biggest difference between WA and all the other online programs – Wealthy Affiliate does not sell hype and false promises, it doesn’t promise to make you rich overnight and it doesn’t promise you a shortcut to overnight millions of dollars. However, this program promises to teach, train, educate and support you. If you are willing to start and run a successful business – than keep reading.
Wealthy Affiliate Pros vs. Cons
- Clear Plan of Action
- All levels of training – Beginner and Advanced
- Video training, Step-by-step Tutorials and Courses
- 10,000′s of community members
- 13 Full, Interactive Classrooms with tasks to complete
- Live & Interactive Help from owners and expert members
- 2 Free Easy-to-Build Websites (you will also learn what to do with these sites)
- State of the Art Hosting
- A strict spam free environment.
- No up-sells, ever. (except Premium, of course)
- Too much information that can be overwhelming. Although WA has a great step-by-step training, it’s easy to get distracted.
- Sometimes I catch myself spending too much time on Live Chat – it’s addictive. This however takes away my time that I could spend on working.
- Not allowed to advertise/sell within WA. (This should be a warning for spammers who want to join WA just so they could try to sell something)
- Starter membership is great for beginners however an upgrade to paid premium is highly suggested in order to access advanced training.
Is Wealthy Affiliate for You?
I must admit that WA is not a perfect choice for everyone. Wealthy Affiliate teaches people how to build a business and how to expand a business and take it to the next level. So in one word it teaches you Marketing. If you aren’t willing to learn and to take action than the whole concept of making money online isn’t for you. So who can really benefit from this program?
- A person who wants to make an extra income to supplement their salary.
- Stay at home moms and dads who have some free time and are willing to spend it in front of the computer.
- Students who want to make money to help them pay for their tuition, some college students built 6-figure businesses from their dorm, using Wealthy Affiliate.
- Business owners who want to get more visibility online.
- Retired folks who have free time and want to supplement their pension.
People who are fed up of 9-to-5 and want to start their own business. Many Wealthy Affiliate members have been able to quit their “day job” to do online marketing full time (I fall into this category)
How much does Wealthy Affiliate cost?
There are 2 membership levels within Wealthy Affiliate. The starter membership is free and will always remain that way. The Premium membership costs $49 per month ($19 the first month), or $30 per month with a yearly subscription.