Stealing the Cyanogen from OnePlus, Micromax today announced it’s first Cyanogen powered YU branding phone. Micromax calls it ‘The Zeus of Phones’. A great device with massive specs packed in a small price. Maybe it can be the best-featured phone at the best price! Company’s motto ‘Yu play God’ just says Customization and Services as their pillars. So as per Micromax and Cyanogen, YU series is mainly based on Customisation, Services, Security and Performance. The phone will be exclusively sold online on Amazon. The registrations for the purchase begin Tomorrow (18/12/2014 – Friday) at 2 PM IST and the phone will be launched in the second week of January.
Specifications of Yu Yureka
- Yureka comes with Cat.4 4G LTE connectivity which is 5 Times faster than 3G has the capability of 150 MBPS download speed and 50 MBPS upload speed. it takes only “Flat 4 minutes to download Full HD 1080p movie.” says Rahul Sharma co-founder of Micromax. Yureka is a Dual-SIM phone from which one is capable of handling 4G and other for 3G.
- As we know Mobiles are becoming more like pocket PC with upcoming hardware changes. If every other smartphone’s are becoming why not Yureka, it is the house to 64-bit Snapdragon 615 SoC (MSM8939) 1.5 GHz octa-core processor. Yes, massive 8 core CPU, I myself have Dual-core CPU in my Computer. Get Ready Gamers and Hardcore Users, enjoy a flawless experience with this 8 cores.
64-bit chipset also delivers more access to RAM which is 16 EXA byte way more than a 32-bit chipset which allows only 4 Gigabyte of RAM.
- As far is RAM is concerned, if the processors are becoming advanced why not RAM will. It has humongous 2GB DDR3 RAM which delivers way more than DDR2 and provides lower power consumptions. It Sports Adreno 405 GPU bringing Adreno’s 400 series in YU.
- Yureka comes with 16 GB inbuilt storage and is expandable up to 32 GB with microSD. Asphalt 8, GTA Vice City, San Andreas, Mortal Combat etc, will be made easy to installed with such massive Storage capacity.
- You will be using a 5.5 inch HD (1280×720 pixels) IPS Display with the pixel density of 267 pixels per inch (PPI), With protection of Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3. The only HD display maybe on count of less for some geeks but mostly it doesn’t bothers to many much.
- The Phone runs Cyanogen OS 11 based on Android 4.4.4, and also the company promises Yu Series will get the first update to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Back of Yureka sports a 13-megapixel Sony CMOS sensor with a f/2.2 aperture and features like Flash, Auto Focus, HDR etc. Capable of recording Full HD 1080p at 30 fps and HD 720p at 60fps (slow motion) and also has time lapse record mode, company is also saying that they do have 120 fps coming up maybe in next YU devices. Camera has a wide 75.4° angle lens.
And for the most known trend now Selfies it houses 5-megapixel fixed focus front facing camera with 71° FOV.
- Phone gives out high-res 24-bit lossless audio output. It also supports H.265 Streaming, H.265 or aka HEVC is highly compressing codec when compared to H.264, it dramatically reduces the size of video files maintaining the quality.
- Also has 2,500 mAh Li-Po removable battery of which company has claimed to deliver 25% more battery power which is equivalent to 3,000 mAh because of OS optimizations which gives talk time up to 8hrs and standby up to 310 hrs, as well as gives 4 hours of Gaming and 6 hours of Video playback.
- Dimensions of the phone are 154.8x78x8.8mm, yeah it is decently slim actually has two thickness in the middle it is of 8.8mm and at edges it is 6mm.
- This Smartphone has other basic functionality such as Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, Wi-Fi, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Micro USB and sensors like Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity and Ambient light Sensor.