One month earlier Yu’s deadline for Lollipop update had been already passed, however, they did kept the promise. The Lollipop update for Yu Yureka started rolling out after Founder of Yu Televentures Rahul Sharma posted a thread on their forums. Saying that their certification from Google has been completed and they had started rolling out Update.
Cyanogen OS12 or the Lollipop is still in many cases in a development stage and has bugs in it, so does Cyanogen’s update has.
A week earlier I received the update and it took way to long time to get it boot up fully. As OTA update, I didn’t cleared my data on Phone memory it had a total of 227 apps for optimization. It took me 2 hours to complete it up. But as pre-installed apps remained the phone lagged a lot. As having no choice it had to be factory resetted and cache cleared. And after that Phone worked flawlessly.
As said above Lollipop still has bugs, bugs faced by me are listed below.
- For a laggy OS after Lollipop Update Do Cache Partition Reset going in recovery mode (Power button + volume down button), if it doesn’t work do a Factory Reset.
- The screen goes black while receiving a call. It’s definitely a proximity sensor issue.
Solution: Go to Dialpad (Phone Dialer) and dial *#*#7769#*#* a window will open up Press “Start”. It will be automatically calibrated and will show “Calibration Good” and Press Exit, You are done!
- Seriously the battery backup isn’t good and haven’t found an fully effective to solve it down, but this may help out a little.
Some people on forums say an app called Greenify, which helps them increase battery life maybe you can try it out.
- Gaming performance has gone down, A bit small game like Pirate Kings lagged if some apps are already running in the background not really all the times but sometimes it does. However, you can try performance mode Note: Battery will drastically in Performance Mode.
- I don’t know about this one, but sound recording in my device in Video Recording and Voice recording is pretty much of poor quality however it does good job while the calls face no such problems in calls. Will try to resolve it with Yu Customer Support and update it asap.
- The screen goes fully black when brightness slider brought down fully with adaptive brightness on.
Solution: Disable ‘Color Enhancement’ in display settings.
- For Rooting your Phone got to this link and follow instructions.
- For more Custom Roms, Themes and Kernels, you can always visit Yu Forums or XDA-Forums.
- Sometimes calling takes more time to load when a number is dialed maybe 2 or 3 seconds of delay in there.
UPDATE : 7th February, 2016
- Frequent Locks and Wallpaper changes
Solution: for random locks of Yureka: Go to Themes Chooser and Select System Theme. Hope it solves your Issues.
- If you’re currently experiencing an error message that Google Play services has crashed, go to: Setting > Privacy > Privacy Guard > Show built-in apps > Long press Google Play services then put the Wake up and Keep awake back on. This should stop the crashes.