As we know there is so much new coming in Google‘s latest Android 5.0 Lollipop. Announced in Google I/O 2014 which was in Developer Preview by the name Android L which got its name after a month of it as Android 5.0 Lollipop is finally here, stated in an official Android Blog yesterday saying that they have already started rolling it out to the devices which is probably Nexus family.
All you need to know about Android
What is Android?
Android is a Linux Kernel based Mobile Operating System (OS) developed by Google. Commonly for Touchscreen mobile devices, Android TV, Android Auto for cars and Android Wear for Wrist Watches. A most widely used OS with over 1 Billion monthly users as of Google I/O 2014.
Android 1.0 (API level 1)
The first commercial version of the software, was released on September 23, 2008, which was First used in HTC Dream.
Android 1.1 (API level 2)
Update to its first version having some bug fixes and some new features.
First release to officially use a code name based on a dessert item (“Cupcake”), a theme which would be used for all releases henceforth. The update included several new features and UI amendments.
The world’s information is at your fingertips – search the web, get driving directions… or just watch cat videos.
Voice Typing lets you input text, and Voice Actions let you control your phone, just by speaking.
Android 2.3, Gingerbread
New sensors make Android great for gaming – so you can touch, tap, tilt, and play away.
Optimized for tablets, this release opens up new horizons wherever you are.
Android comes of age with a new, refined design. Simple, beautiful and beyond smart.
Android is fast and smooth with buttery graphics. With Google Now, you get just the right information at the right time.
Previous or the current version before Lollipop is Android 4.4 KitKat having a Smart, simple, and truly yours. A more polished design, improved performance, and new features.
Android 5.0 Lollipop
- A whole new UI for devices switching from holo scheme to sort of whitish look. It has new vivid colors, shadows, great animations, etc. A totally new look and feel android ill give to its users, at least on stock version.
- Now developers would need to focus in design of phones make it better and give their users top notch experience.
- Notifications have been changed you get sneak peek on lock screen itself, you can even respond to notifications directly from lock screen. Also an option to hide sensitive content.
- While playing or being busy in some app calls won’t interrupt, you can choose if u want to answer or do what you are doing.
- Details like while charging the phone it shows estimated time left to complete the charge, also approximate time left before you would need to charge the phone which would be inbuilt so no need of third party apps now! also they claim that a battery saver mode which can extend your device use by up to 90 minutes.
- New features to security too automatic encryption which can be turned on when device lost or stolen. SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware. Use Android Smart Lock to secure by pairing to Android wear and even your car.
- Now, Share your device with friends or within families with different users. Also you have a Guest users such as in Windows so you can lend your device to others but not your stuff. A whole new feature called Screen pinning, which lets you to pin a single app such as any one wants to call from your mobile, pin Phone app and he wont be able to access other apps unless he knows how to get out of it.
- An entirely new runtime called ART which comes over Dalvik in previous versions, improve performance and responsiveness. ART gives up to 4x performance improvement, smoother UI for complex and visually rich apps. Support for 64-bit.
- OK Google a word with which you can ask any thing to google. Just say “OK, Google” even with screen off in Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.
- Google has added up 15 new languages which are Basque, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Hong Kong), Galician, Icelandic, Kannada, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu.
List of Phones that will get Android Lollipop updates
- Nexus 4 – 12th November
- Nexus 5 – 12th November
- Nexus 6 – In the box with phone.
- Nexus 7 – 12th November
- Nexus 9 – In the box with phone.
- Moto E – By end of 2014 (Confirmed)
- Moto G – By end of 2014 (Confirmed)
- Moto G LTE edition – By end of 2014 (Confirmed)
- Moto X – By end of 2014 (Confirmed)
- HTC One – within 90 days of receiving the Android Lollipop source code
- HTC One M8 – within 90 days of receiving the Android Lollipop source code
- HTC One mini – promised for update, no dates given
- HTC One mini 2 – promised for update, no dates given
- Galaxy S5: by the end of December 2014
- LG G3 by the end of 2014 for international models, beginning 2015 – US
If you wanna add more to it just comment below…Comment below your views about new Android 5.0 Lollipop. Do share with your friends.