Jolla, a mobile phone manufacturer from Finland recently launched its smart phone in India market at a price of Rs. 16,499. it has its own Sailfish Operating System which is unique in itself. Featuring mainly gestures and no navigation buttons on screen or off screen its definitely different in itself.
The Sailfish OS has many of features such as live multi-tasking almost fully gesture based UI. Swiping is main key in this OS swipe down to get quick shortcuts for Phone , Settings, etc. A double tap to open up home screen, swiping below home screen you get A kind of blackberry 10 cards but shows a all currently running applications. Swipe down to Lock is especially is nice. An ambience feature which is fairly cool to give us out themes depending on what you love. It does have Android app support but in some of apps it does crashes. Now let’s see how it does in the Market.
Specifications Of Jolla Smart Phone
- It is a single SIM smartphone having 3G capabilities.
- It comes out with a 4.5 Inch qHD display having resolution of 960×450 pixels which is low on a bit in terms of price range it comes. The Colors outcome is not much good. It does have a Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection and has 5 Point Multi Touch functionality.
- Jolla Houses Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.4 GHz Dual-core Processor with a 1GB RAM giving a good experience and Adreno 305 graphics Chipset.
- It does give a 16 GB Internal memory but you can always add up external micro SD card making it expandable up to 64 GB.
- It has other basic features like Wifi, Bluetooth v4.0, USB, GPRS, EDGE, NFC, Stereo Speakers and 3.5mm Headphone jack. Also basic sensors like Accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass.
- Its battery is a Li-Ion 2100 mAh. which does lasts but if ou are hardcore user you would have to charge every evening. Now to Camera, jolla has a 8 MP back camera having features like Auto Focus, LED, Geo-tagging, touch focus and face detection. It is capable of recording 1080p video at 30 fps. it also has 2MP front facing camera so selfie likers go get going.
- The whole new Sailfish OS v1 out of the box, would be upgradable to v1.0.5. A gesture based UI which may take up time to understand and get used to.
- “The Other Half” of phone has 3 or maybe 4 type of replaceable back covers. Poppy Red, Kiera Black, Aloe and White which changes theme of OS on what back cover you are using.
What I like and What I Don’t
What I like
- Nice design.
- Innovative “The Other Half”.
- Android App compatibility.
- Expandable Storage.
What I Don’t Like
- Low Specs as per price.
- No access to Google Play.
- Lack of Software availability.
- OS bugs.
The Final Verdict
The OS needs pretty much updates and bug fixes. We don’t think the phone is worth the price because of its low end specifications. There are many other phones in same Price Range Such as Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen), Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and Micromax Canvas knight A350, also HTC Desire 616.
Even if you decide to buy one you need to get it Online via Snapdeal for a Price of Rs. 16,499.